Starting out as Caroline Health Services, Inc., CCHS was incorporated as a private not for profit organization in 1978 to establish comprehensive primary health care services for the residents of Caroline County. In 1980 in Goldsboro, MD our first center opened with 2 providers and is still providing services today.
Over the past 30 years services have expanded to include:
- 6 primary care centers in Caroline, Dorchester and Talbot Counties of on the Mid-Shore. Our Centers are located in Cambridge, Denton, Easton, Federalsburg, Goldsboro, and St. Michaels.
- Behavioral Health services provided at our Denton, Goldsboro and Bay Hundred Center in St Michaels and at our School Based programs in Caroline County.
- Pediatric Services were added in Denton in 2002 and in 2016 with the opening of Easton Pediatrics.
- 9 School Based Health Centers in Caroline County and 4 Centers in Talbot County offer primary health care services.
- In 2003, CCHS established primary care and behavioral health services in Talbot County at the Bay Hundred Health Center located in St Michaels.
- Dental services are offered in Cambridge, Federalsburg, Goldsboro, and St. Michaels. In addition to regular dental services we provide hospital based services at Dorchester General Hospital.
- Preventative oral health services are offered through our School-Based Dental Programs in all three counties.
- Medical Services to Migrant farm workers in 5 Counties.
- In 2008, CCHS received funding for the construction of new dental suite in the Goldsboro Medical Center.
- In 2016, growing to meet the needs of the St. Michaels population, the Bay Hundred Medical Center expanded to include a full service Dental Center. Additionally in 2016, Dr. Brian Corden, Pediatrician joined Choptank Health forming the Easton Pediatrics practice
- We provide our services to all persons regardless of ability to pay, and offer a sliding-fee scale that is based on patients’ family income and size. CCHS participates with Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurances. CCHS is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.