If you are interested in joining Choptank Community Health’s dedicated team and working along side experienced staff providing services to a very full and dynamic range of patients from all stages of life: please see below for a list of our current openings and application form.
Our Joint Commission Accredited system includes six medical and four dental offices, staffed by over thirty healthcare professionals providing primary medical & dental services, behavioral health, school based wellness and migrant health programs.
Current Job Openings
Medical Assistant – Denton Pediatrics
Key responsibilities of Choptank’s Medical Assistants include, but are not limited to:
• Performing delegated clinical duties
• Taking medical histories
• Assisting during patient procedures/examinations
• Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens and venipuncture
• Performing basic laboratory tests
• Performing various medical tasks such as; vital signs, administering injections, pain screening, EKG’s and nebulizer treatments.
• While this position has a pediatric focus, the Medical Assistant in this role may be expected to provide care to all age populations as necessary to ensure proper access to care for all CCHS patients.
• The Medical Assistant may be required to work from any CCHS facility as operationally necessary.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
• Certification as a Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA)
• CPR certification
• Prior experience in a pediatric setting preferred
• Bilingual skills preferred
Dental Assistant – Cambridge Dental Center
Key responsibilities of Choptank’s Dental Assistant position include, but are not limited to:
• Providing chair side assistance to dentists and dental hygienists in the provision of clinical dental care, including operative, preventative, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic and/or oral surgery procedures.
• Preparing, sterilizing, organizing and setting up dental equipment, ensuring that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established safety guidelines and standards.
• Monitoring and maintaining dental equipment, such as compressors, evacuator, radiographic equipment, sterilizers, and light curing units, in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Taking diagnostic quality radiographic images in accordance with dentists’ orders, assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
• Ordering and maintaining inventories of dental clinic supplies, equipment, and instruments.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
• High school diploma or equivalent & successful completion of an accredited dental assistant training program
• Dental radiography certification by the Dental Assistant National Board
• Maryland Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Maryland Qualified Dental Assistant (QDA) credential
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) contributes to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives and is responsible for the fiscal activities of CCHS. Principal responsibilities include development and implementation of short and long term financial planning, creating and monitoring of financial policies and procedures, development and maintenance of operational and capital budgets, ongoing analysis of revenue generation, income lifecycles, reserves and expenditures. The CFO maximizes the organization’s financial position and assures financial viability by providing leadership and direction to CCHS leaders, financial and operational strategies and timely and accurate financial or other related reports to funding agency requirements, management and Board of Directors.
The position requires:
• Master’s Degree in accounting or business administration with specialization in accounting or finance.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP) preferred.
• Minimum of Five (5) years experience in Finance/Accounting, including automated accounting systems, preferably in a healthcare organization.
• Five (5) years in senior level position with supervisory responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Centers and government grants management polices preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of Federal/State tax guidelines and laws as they relate to non-profit organizations.
• Substantial knowledge and expertise in all facets of finance, audits, accounting, business planning, information systems and related disciplines.
• Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of financial and accounting systems and processes.
• Experience in billing federal, state and private payers for health services.
• Possesses excellent financial skills in areas of budgeting, cost reporting, forecasting models, multi-source revenue and grants management
Choptank Community Health offers A comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, life insurance, LTD, AD&D, and 403(b) with employer matching contributions.Apply Now
Part time (20 hours/week)
Based out of Denton Administrative office but must have the ability to travel to all Choptank facilities as operationally necessary.
This is a 24-month grant-funded position with no guarantee nor expectation of continued employment upon expiration of the original grant.
The Nurse Navigator is responsible for coordinating health care for patients, working with the medical providers, nurses and medical assistants providing remote services. The Nurse Navigator reviews the treatment plan with the patient, educates the patient about the plan and assists the patient in following the treatment plan. In addition, the Nurse Navigator assists patients in receiving comprehensive care by facilitating closure in evidenced-based gaps in care. Works collaboratively with Director of Population Health, Chronic Care Coordinators, CMO and CDO, CCHS medical providers, clinical staff and patient service specialists.
This position requires a Maryland LPN Nursing license (RNs considered) and at least two years of experience working in a primary care office. Experience in designing and implementing healthcare quality-improvement initiatives preferred.Apply Now
Full and Part time opportunities in Denton, Cambridge, and Federalsburg, MD
Choptank’s Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are a critical component of our care model. Our NP/PAs provide comprehensive medical care to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures and philosophy of CCHS. These care providers perform physical examinations, treat illness, injuries, health problems, and address preventive health needs appropriate to that their training, experience, and specialty, taking into consideration the ambulatory nature of the health center. All duties/responsibilities are performed across life cycle (infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric), as applicable.
This position requires each candidate to be a graduate of Accredited US NP or PA School (or equivalent), Board Certified or Board Eligible (must pass Boards within year of employment and recertify as required by Specialty Board) in a Primary Care specialty (Pediatrics, Family Practice, OB/GYN or Internal Medicine). Must have current NP or PA license in Maryland and maintain ongoing professional education as mandated by state regulation. Maryland CDS and DEA license and Basic Life Support is also required. To better serve the needs of our diverse patient compliment, bilingual and bicultural skills are valued.Apply Now
Join Choptank Community Health’s dedicated team and work along side our experienced support staff providing services to a very full and dynamic range of patients from newborn to geriatrics. We are looking for a full time Primary Care Family Practice specialist with a current Maryland license. Applicant be eligible for CDS and DEA license and maintain ongoing professional education as mandated by state regulations. Approximately 25% of our patients are Hispanic and sites are staffed with full time in-house interpreters. Candidates with bilingual and bicultural skills are valued.
Choptank Community Health offers a competitive salary and pay for performance bonus package, malpractice insurance, CME support, 7 paid holidays, 29 days combined paid time off, medical and dental insurance along with full range of other employee benefits. And, because we are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), physicians are eligible for up to $50,000 in loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC).
If you have excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the desire to join a winning team of healthcare professionals, please fill out the form below.Apply Now